Monday, January 16, 2006

Dack seems to be coming along nicely. For those of you who do not know about Dack, Dack is the combination of Dave and Jack. "Jack" is something of a joke among my friends. A couple years ago I went camping with two friends of mine and in the time we spent up in the mountains, my friends discovered that I am very um...interesting. This was the personality that I generally hide in public, the real me, essentially. At the time, I came up with the name "Jack" for my more exciting personality that I usually hide. It's three parts Han Solo, two parts Indiana Jones, with a bit of Jack Sparrow thrown in for flavor all in a Dave-shaped container. Now, this third part, "Jack Sparrow", came about after the movie Pirates of the Caribbean, but I did come up with the name "Jack" long before that movie.
And so, recently, I've been getting tired of being boring old Dave, the aloof, quiet, patient shell I keep "Jack" hidden in. So, I'm going through the process of bringing out more of "Jack", though I don't want to lose the virtuous "Dave", I have decided to attempt a merging of the two.

All this is a fancy way of saying that I'm gonna try to be more outgoing. I could have said just that, but I wanted to give the history of the thing. I figure most of the people who read this blog care about me, so they should know what's going on.

On Saturday I think I did well with this. I went down to Fresno to Mazzei flying service to ask about flight school, and I think I came across fairly well.

God is good. All the time. There aint nobody better!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
It's your cousin Jonathan... Nice page, Thought I would drop a line cause We haven't talked since Andy's wedding. I try not to put too much contact info into posts so I hope to see indication that you read this.. it would be good to catch up some time. By the way have you heard about the Kodiak?
http://www.questaircraft.com/

4:19 PM  
Blogger D Jack said...

Oh my goodness! Wow! Jonathan, it's good to hear from you. It would be great to catch up with you. Here's my email, planeman2001@hotmail.com Write me sometime and we can catch up.
I have heard about the Kodiak, I've actually been to that site a couple times. Isn't your father in law working on that or something?
Anyway, yeah, email me.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home