Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Good night! It has been a good night. Ooh, here we go.

Isaiah 47:10,11 and Isaiah 48:9,10

"For you have trusted in your wickedness; you have said 'No one sees me.' your wisdom and your knowledge have warped you; and you have said in your heart, 'I am and there is no one besides me.' Therefore evil shall come upon you; you shall not know from where it arises. And trouble shall fall upon you; You will not be able to put it off. And desolation shall come upon you suddenly, which you shall not know."

"For My name's sake I will defer My anger, and for My praise I will restrain it from you. So that I do not cut you off. Behold I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction."

There I was sitting in Bible Study, it was just beginning and we were worshiping with Promise and her guitar. I was singing and reading those two passages over and over. I've recently been slipping a little bit. More than I should even on my worst day. I didn't know what was going on. But it all came to a head tonight. As I sat and read those passages, I came to the realization that this was me it was talking about. Really, truly. God was speaking directly to me! Those two passages described exactly what was going on! I have been tested in the furnace of affliction! Haha! God is good!
I've got such a peace now. Something I haven't had in way too long. God is so good. I need to start worshiping more again. I've discovered that's why I was slipping in the frst place. I've got a lot of good music I can worship with, I just need a place to be alone with Jesus. That's the hard part. My car broke down, that was my main place of worship time. Everywhere I went I'd have David Crowder or Newsboys going. I miss singing in my car. The truck I'm borrowing from my parents doesn't have a cd player. A real bummer. I need an adapter or something, seriously.
I'll find one.

God is good! All the time! There aint nobody better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home